Answers to come of the most frequently asked questions about Sudan International Grammar School appear below. For more information, please contact us by telephone at 0183-284-411/12/14 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
– Acceptance and placement depend upon review of the application papers submitted. All application forms are available here. (hyperlink to admission page)
The documents to submit for review are:
- Child’s birth certificate/ copy of passport /ID
- 2 passport size photographs.
- School leaving certificate (If appropriate).
- Report cards of the past 2 academic years.
Following the interview and review of these materials the Head of Schools inform the parents of the school’s decision.
WHEN IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
– As spaces are limited early application in January/February are recommended for July entry. However, as we are an international school, applications are accepted year-round, and applications made throughout the academic year will be reviewed on an individual basis.
WHAT ARE THE SCHOOL HOURS?
For administration, the school runs Saturday through Thursday, and the hours are:
7.00 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
For students, the school runs Sunday through Thursday, and the hours are:
7.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. for grade 2 – 11
7.30 a.m. to 1.40 p.m. for Kindergarten
WHAT IS THE CALSS SIZE AND THE STUDENT TO TEACHER RATIO?
– School-wide, classes sizes range from 20 to 25 students per class. In kindergarten, a limit of 23 students is placed on class size, barring exceptional circumstances. Kindergarten and grade 2 and 3 have teacher’s assistants while all other grades have subject teachers and specialist teachers for music, art, physical education, computer classes, cultural studies, and etiquettes. In the Secondary School, every effort is made to keep the number of students per classroom to 25 or below, while an upper limit of 28 is exceeded only in extraordinary circumstances.
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL YEAR?
– The school year runs from early July to late April.